Forest Schools at Coppice!
Miss Harrison is our qualified Forest Schools Leader. We have a purpose built fire pit and seating area at our on-site forest school's area. Children across the school get the opportunity to develop a range of skills during the class sessions. Year 6 have enjoyed the Autumn Term outside alongside Reception Class, they have even worked together!
What is Forest Schools?
- Forest School is an inspirational concept providing learning opportunities through practical activities in an outdoor environment.
- Children enjoy the freedom to explore and experience the natural world in all seasons and in all weathers.
- Forest School embraces an approach of nurturing, supporting and developing the self-esteem of everyone involved in this approach to learning.
- It is an ideal environment in which to develop innovation, problem solving, risk taking, creativity and teamwork.
What are the benefits for the children attending Forest School sessions?
- Growth in confidence and independence.
- Opportunities to take risks, make choices and initiate learning for themselves.
- Helps children to understand, appreciate and care for the natural environment.
- Allows children to become more confident in the natural environment.
- Enables a practical element to their learning.
- Additional physical, social and health benefits.
- Improved behaviour and motivation going back into school - and has an impact on achievement.
- Promotes self-discovery.
- Improved communication skills.
- Raised self-esteem.