Pupil Premium Grant
The Pupil Premium is funding allocated to schools for the specific purpose of boosting the attainment of disadvantaged pupils. Funding is based on children who have registered for a free school meal (FSM) at any point in the last 6 years, have a parent who works in the Armed Forces or a child that has been in social care for more than six months.
How do we use the Pupil Premium Grant at Coppice?
Click on the link below to find out how the Pupil Premium Grant is used and the impact it has for the school
Year 5 and 6 Enjoying Fencing Lessons
Impact on Attainment:
- Reduced rates of exclusions in school for pupils
- Allowed children to keep pace with their peers in learning
- Reduced anxiety and other behavioural issues to enable children to access learning, work in groups with others more successfully, organise their learning and complete homework
- Move successfully between schools those entering and leaving the school, and Year 6 transferring to Secondary School with confidence to access their learning
- Successfully integrate into the school when joining after the usual admission round so that no learning time is lost in moving schools
- Parents sharing strategies for management of anxiety and behavioural issues so that children are receiving support and home and school
- Children making gains in progress in English and Mathematics and making up ground in order to keep up with their peers
- Children gaining in confidence to address areas of Maths and English that they may find challenging